Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quilt/Stash Project-202--Determined Quilter

Quilt/Stash Project-2020--Determined Quilter


Tuesday,June 22, 2010...Year 2...Week 45...Blog 63... Day 346 of 4,014


Well..OF COURSE...10 days since last blog.......

and for the next few weeks (months ??) this will be the situation as my new project/blog "demands"/ engages my attention.

if you are curious..check out: http://ProjectDistribute-2026.blogspot.com

however...two new important findings to report.

Finding #1: On Sunday June 20 went to local ART FESTIVAL. This year for first time a local Quilt Guild had bought a booth; about 25 quilts on display....all but two clearly -use-up- extraneous- scraps.....the "designs" not outstanding.....and several really unappealing.

However..the prices a real EYE OPENER......$450 to $1,000

and...here I have been focused ONLY on using all scraps and stash to zero...and thinking --MAYBE --just MAYBE I could sell the kitty/puppy, baby quilts and "small' wall hangings at a Christmas Craft Fair for...$10-$15-$25??????????

So in next months some research absolutely necessry.

Then:

Finding#2...The Christmas Craft Fair annually held at our local Community Center attracts over 60 vendors...and there is a "selection" process on July 14th.

So I will take a sampling of my quilts (and my "folk" painted flower pots and bird houses) and hope I "qualify"/get accepted-- meeting their standards/criteria.

So adventure on the horizon...and I WILL work to be more consistent in the reporting.

Happy Quilting...Determined Quilter



sO A

No comments:

Post a Comment