Thursday, November 19, 2009

Quilt/Stash Project-2020---Determined Quilter

Quilt/Stash Project-2020---Determined Quilter


Thursday, November 19, 2009....Week 15---Blog 24--Day 98 of 4,014

Home--JAPAN--Project

Home after 16 days in Japan..for work...and a quilting tour with the highlight the quilt show: International Quilt Week in Yokohoma.

Still some jet lagged...so organizing my thought and reporting on the quilt tour will come in following days/weeks.

For today....

....getting started blogging again..my hopes to blog while in Japan did not happen--just too complicated.

...and Quilting/Stash Project 2020.....

complete all unfinshed quilts....use all scraps and stash to zero by 2020

When I left October 31 there were two unfinshed quilts shouting for my attention:

1) Lorraine Torrence designed..nine 15x15 finished blocks with Hawaian themed fabric made at Empty Spools Seminars in 2002......of yes!! 2002 and

2) an American/Japanese "PinkFan" themed fabric 35x45 inch quilt top designed by ME.

Now,of course?, it is clear...The Japanese quilt gets first priority...even though it does require buying new fabric for the backing and binding..and a trip to a rather distant quilt store..

I did buy..and was given..authentic Japanese fabric....although I did manage to be restrained and focused.....my tour companions went wild--filling suitcase(s).

...so the next weeks and months will be focued on making "Japanese" quilts......all 'small' wall hangings....

...and I will be "reporting" on the various adventures and experiences of the Japan trip.

Yea! need to get myself fully here..and my thoughts..and my ordinary life "organized".

Traveling Together does a terrific quilt tour..check out their quilting program for 2010--Ireland-North Carolina anyone?? www.TravelingTogether.net

Happy Quilting--Determined Quilter

No comments:

Post a Comment