Thursday, February 11, 2010

QUILT/STASH PROJECT-2020....Determined Quilter


Thursday, February 11,2010---Blog 40 continued......

Well SOMETHING!!! HAPPENED...AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE WORKINGS OF THE LIBRARY COMPUTER..OR THE BLOG FORMAT SUFFICIENTLY TO KNOW WHAT..AND HOW TO CORRECT PROPERLY...

...SO TO CONTINUE...

The GREEN story (saga)

GREEN IS NOT MY COLOR...

However, in 2005 my oldest daughter's family was moving from North Carolina to Tennessee... my gradaughter's nannie asked me to make two quilts: one for my grandaughters bed; another for the doll bed for an American Girl Doll; she sent samples of the colors she wanted..GREEN!!!

So...I MADE THOSE QUILTS....

Long story short: Grandaughter is NOT a doll girl; grandaughter has a ????belt in Taikwando and at age 12 can wack a piece of wood in half with her hand...

On last visit..both quilts were hung neatly in an attic closet.

Well..so it goes...

This project left me with a 11x 11 inch plastic food storage bag full of GREEN fabric....So...determined to use all scraps and complete at least 20 quilts for the new Christamas-2010 Challenge Adventure--to sell at senior center Christmas craft fairs...I said: get rid of the GREEN... use ALL those scraps....Those GREEN quilts will not be MINE.

Easier decided than done.....unbelievably..I think with that essentially small bag of scraps I will eventually get 3 presentable..and possibly sellable, small wall hangings. One is completed except for binding; a second top is almost finished...and still there are "good' scraps...waiting

Oh Dear......sometimes I dispair...and getting the scraps and stash to zero by 2020.

But EVER ONWARD!!!.... The blue-white puppy/kitty top is now 80% complete.....

So..perhaps..a Celebration by next post..

Happy Quilting--Determined Quilter.

No comments:

Post a Comment