Monday, October 12, 2009

Quilt/Stash Project-2020

Quilt/Stash Project-2020--Determined Quilter


Monday, October 12,2009......Week 10-Blog 19---Day 60 of 4014


Well..again Life Happens....and I have not blogged for a week--October 5.

Amazingly, however, much accomplished in the finish-stash-scraps project.

First I found super good, bright pink-red dottie fabric at Jo Ann, a California?? chain fabric and craft store...not my usual/prefered place to shop..probably had not been there for at least 3-4 years.

Now..a blue-black-pink dottie quilt, my original design based on templates from Carol Liebzeit (Empty Spools Seminars-February/March 2005; and Louisa Smith (Empty Sp0ols Seminars--August-September 2005)is complete!

Note: Books--Louisa L.Smith: "Strips 'n Curves-2001" and "A New Twist on Strips 'n Curves-2007 "

Then, as described last Monday, October 5, the four 12x12 inch quilt blocks inspired by Jean Wells design that "shouted-demanded" my attention. The fabric in those blocks have scrap fabric dating back to my quilting beginning in 1997. so 12 years---.unbelievable..yes??

Now!! I have completed 39x 32 inch quilt top using more 'ancient' scraps and scraps.

( Yes... I do hope to achieve the knowledge and competence to get pictures of the completed quilts on this blog soon...but realistically probably not until after I return from Yokohoma Quilt Show in Japan on November 15.) ( And..yes I do hope I can/will blog about the quilting tour..show anbd other adventures in Japan.)

Big rain predicted for tonight/tomorrow...so an absolutly guilt free quilting day..Yes!!!

Happy Quilting--Determined Quilter

No comments:

Post a Comment