Saturday, December 26, 2009

Quilt/Stash Project-2020--Determined Quilter

Quilt/Stash Project-2020--Determined Quilter

Saturday, December 26, 2009 Week 20--Blog 31--Day 134 of 4,014


Finally....Break-through!!!!

I AM quilting again....after ???? how many days..weeks??? it has been frustrating to have this quilting/blogging project put-off and put-off...Sort-of unbelivable that there was not tijme to quilt for so long...

Then.....unexpectly--happily quilitng on December 24-25-and 26........

Yes!!! finally completing a project that has been on the design board since FEBRUARY (2009)_

In February of this year I went with Traveling Together on a quilting tour to Hawaii...and two days of classes with KAFFE FASSETT AND BRANDON MABRY.......it was super great....

I completely the quilt top of a quilt I named MONET GARDEN..based on a Kaffe Fassett design--as with all Kaffe's work.. the piecing is basic-simple..in this case. 3 blocks---9 inch-6 inch-3 inch.
www.TravelingTogether.net......andwww.KaffeFassett.com

HIS genius is in the color....and what I call the geometry....( was hoping to give you a refrence to a particular book and a particular quilt pattern......unfortunately I could not find in my file of Kaffe's patterns--I WILL try-look again).

I am very..very happy with MONET GARDEN....and in FEBRUARY started to finish the backing.

Mistake????well....MAYBE anticipating this Quilt/Stash project-2020 where I am DETERMINED to use all scraps and stash....I decided to use left over blocks from the front ( I had 5-9 inch blocks, maybe 10-6 inch blocks, and an unknown number of 3 inch blocks.

I said why waste..use them...and the scraps and stash of FLOWER FABRIC in my various boxes and drawers....This has meant endless improvising and sewing over almost 10 months now ( of course..often delayed by finishing other quilts--and this project)....

My Happy news today...with focused effort for 2..maybe 3 hours today and tomorrow..that quilt back will be completed...

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION: learn how to use digital camera--and the gizmo technology...so
that pictures can be on this blog.

Enough ......I AM a contented quilter today

Happy New Year thoughts...Determined Quilter.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes!
    Get started with digital camera. It is such fun and rewarding - once you get the hang of it. After lots and lots of hard work and mistakes, I now enjoy it - and pictures really TALK!
    Cheers - Bodil

    ReplyDelete